In our last Ofsted (July 2023) the key findings were:
- Heaton is a friendly, safe and caring place with happy students using set routines to support students needs.
- Staff and students have high expectations of themselves and each other.
- A focus on preparing the students fo the next stage in the lives ( Preperation for Adulthood )was noted
- We access the world around us well.
- We work well with the wider team to create lessons where individual needs of pupils are well met.
- Lessons are adapted well for each students needs.
- Total communication was noted to be used well around school.
- Our creativity was evident in lessons
- Behaviour – a strength was Positive Bahviour Support.
- We make learning as “real life” as possible – functional skills.
- Inspectors noted several areas for development that aligned with the schools current self evaluation and development plan