Our Family Liaison Coordinators at Heaton School are Rosa Higgin and Andrea Chapman
Their roles are to provide information, advice and support for parents/carers and help with any issues that you may have in relation to supporting your children, both at home and in school.
They work to encourage parental involvement within school, signpost to agencies (where appropriate) and support children in school. Should you have a personal concern or school related issue, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We have access to a number of agencies who may be able to provide support to you and your family.You can contact us via the school office 0161 432 1931 or via email.
Rosa’s working hours are Monday & Tuesday 9.30 am- 3 pm and Friday 9.30 am – 12 pm
Andrea’s working hours are Monday – Wednesday 9.30 am-3 pm
|Activities organised for young disabled people|
The Stockport Local Offer has a range of services and activities advertised on the website. The address is: www.sensupportstockport.uk
- CADS is an inclusive sports holiday programme at Seashell Trust. Go to seashelltrust.org.uk Click on the Sport tab and follow links to CADS.
- Stockport Tag Rugby pitchero.com/clubs/stockport
When? Training on Sundays 10.30-12.00 following school term times.
Where? If the weather is fine they train outside at Stockport Rugby Club, Headlands Rd, Bramhall SK7 3AN. If the weather is wet or pitches are unsuitable, they play at Hazel Grove High School Rec Centre, Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove SK7 5JX. Squad members are informed of the venue week by week by text and email.
Do parents have to stay? No. Some parents do, to network etc. Hot drinks are available at both venues. Other parents take a supporting role, but parents are also encouraged to take this as respite time leaving the youngsters on their own to enjoy the training.
- Adapted Cycling – see Stockport CP Society website stockportcp.co.uk/activities for Stockport Wheelers. Other venues are listed on www.simply-cycling.org/ – Wythenshawe, Longford Park and Boggarts Clough.
- Stockport Penguins Swimming Club – go to stockport-mencap.co.uk for information.
- Champions Sport & Social Club – A Manchester based group that is based at the Bellevue Centre, according to the Manchester Local Offer. It runs on a Friday evening from 7.00 – 9.00pm and the contact is Hazel on 07711 465 701.
- Football – special needs provision organised by Stockport County Community Foundation. Contact Jordan Raynes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stockport Boccia Club – for information visit stockportboccia.com
- City in the Community Special Needs provision. For information email email@example.com
- Jump Space Trampolining. jumpspace.org.uk
- Riding for the Disabled is based in Wythenshawe Park. Information is on their website gmrda.org.uk
YOUTH CLUBS / SOCIAL ACTIVITIES / DISCOS
- ABC Youth Group – information can be found on abcfamilygroup.com
- SAVY Friday Night Hang Out at Woodbank Youth Centre from 6.30 – 8.30pm. For details visit stockportsavy.org.uk/
- Gateway Clubs – for information go to stockport-mencap.co.uk
- Thursday Night Social Club 6:00 – 8:00pm at Adswood Youth Centre. Ages 16 – 25. Contact tel: 07595 089745 to register or find out details.
- ‘Coast’ (Club for Disabled Young People) @ St Thomas Church, High Lane on A6. Runs on a Friday evening. Church website: st-thomas-high-lane.org.uk
- Walthew House run a youth club for young people with visual and hearing impairments up to the age of 14. For information go to walthewhouse.org.uk
- Lambs Disco – 2nd Wednesday of the month between 7.00 – 9.00pm at St Vincent’s RC Church, Handley Rd, Bramhall, SK7 3EX
- Konnect – There are two youth groups called Konnect in Manchester. The age ranges are different and each group meets at a different venue. The information is on the website 4CT.org.uk.
ART / DRAMA
- NK Theatre Arts – Music, dance and drama in Romiley. nktheatre.co.uk
- Venture Arts. venturearts.org Inclusive art activities in Manchester.
- Special Virtuosi – Special Virtuosi CIC is a music organisation for children and adults with special educational needs and disabilities. Information is on specialvirtuosi.co.uk
- Aspirations. Activities for young people with Autism. The group is organised by A.S.G.M.A. – go to asgma.org.uk for details.
- SNAGS (Special Needs Activities Group). For details go to bramhallurc.org.uk and follow the ‘Church Life’ link on the website. There is a Sports Group and a Disco night.
- Independent Options offer a variety of activities and opportunities. independentoptions.org.uk – check the website for activities.
- Stockport CP Society – stockportcp.co.uk/activities there are various opportunities for young people listed on the website including Stockport Wheelers.