Heaton School is Stockport’s Secondary Special School for young people with Severe learning difficulties, Profound and Multiple learning difficulties, Autism and Complex Medical Needs. Our school is well established in the local area of Heaton Moor and is a very strong community of children and young people, families, staff and other partners.
Heaton School is a special place, a place for students to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens. We strive to provide the best educational experiences possible for all students in an environment that includes everyone in everything.
Our lessons are consistently
- Engaging and challenging
- Purposeful and promote independence
- Well planned, well resourced and Multi-Sensory
- Individualised to meet the needs of each student
Around school you will see
- Professionals empowered to inspire others
- Therapy embedded in all lessons
- Team work & flexibility
- Total communication
And most importantly ……..
A very happy & safe community